General Trade Show Booth Info
From small businesses attending their first trade show to larger companies that have been hosting trade shows for decades, our trade show resources can help every organization make their mark! From trade show booth designs to the most memorable trade show giveaways, Merchology is here to ensure that your trade fair display is the most popular spot in the convention center. Read below to find out basic trade show information, how to prepare for an expo, and so much more!
Ensure your trade show exhibits are impressing your audience, learn what banner for trade show will catch everyone's eye, and help your trade show displays stand out among the crowd with a little help from us at Merchology. Once your company's trade show booth is all planned out, learn more about the most popular promotional items and custom logo-branded giveaway products that help you connect with your future customers long after they leave the expo!
What Size is a Trade Show Booth?
Standard trade show booths measure 10 feet by 10 feet in size and allow booth displays and banners to measure up to 8 feet in height. As the most common trade fair booth size, planning your first expo booth design to these measurements can ensure smooth sailing during booth setup and per exhibit regulations.
There are, however, four different types of trade show booths that businesses can choose from depending upon their booth design, marketing budget, and dedication to the trade exhibit.
Types of Trade Show Booths:
- 1. Standard or Inline Booth - This is the most common tradeshow booth type and measures the standard booth size of 10 feet by 10 feet. Inline tradeshow booths generally open to the front and has other booths on either side and along the back. Arranged in a line, standard or inline tradeshow booths are easily seen by attendees as they amble through the expo.
Organizations can choose to rent out larger sections of the trade fair by opting for multiple inline booth sections together. This could enhance their tradeshow booth size to upwards of 10 feet by 20 feet or 10 feet by 30 feet.
- 2. Perimeter Booth - Usually offering a taller height maximum, perimeter tradeshow booths still measure 10 feet by 10 feet in size. They are, however, located along the outer wall of the convention center, lobby, or showroom that the tradeshow is taking place. Since they have no exhibit neighbors directly behind them, perimeter trade booths typically offer a 12 foot height maximum for banners and displays.
- 3. Peninsula Booth - Larger in size, peninsula tradeshow booths are located on the end of a tradeshow aisle. Peninsula tradeshow booths are open on both the left and right sides as well as along the front. Peninsula trade booths generally measure 20 feet by 20 feet in size Height restrictions for peninsula tradeshow booths vary by location, however, due to neighboring exhibits generally have an 8 foot height limit.
- 4. Island Booth - The largest tradeshow booth option, island tradeshow booths are stand-alone exhibits that typically measure 20 feet by 20 feet. Island tradeshow booths have the tallest height allotments due to its freestanding build. General height restrictions for island tradeshow booths vary between 16 feet to 20 feet depending upon the building.
Types of Trade Show Displays
Trade show displays come in a variety of sizes, styles, and designs to best connect with your customers and represent your company's brand. Depending upon your business model, service, or product, different types of trade show displays can highlight your company's offerings and create an impactful impression on customers walking by.
What are the most popular types of trade show displays?
- Banner Displays: Easily the most popular trade fair booth design option, banner displays showcase a company's signage in eye-catching ways to connect with attendees. Cost-effective and highly portable, trade show banner displays provide custom imagery as either retractable banner displays, cassette-style banner displays, fabric banners, and more!
- Table Runners and Covers: Generally printed on an easy-to-wash polyester material, trade show Table Runners quickly decorate booth tables with custom branding and imagery.
- Tension Fabric Displays: Using a single aluminum or PVC pole to prop up, Tension Fabric Displays for trade shows are often large enough to beautify an entire trade fair booth in one easy-to-set-up piece. As we move into a more social media focused future, Tension Fabric Displays are often employed at trade shows and expos to create a "selfie spot" encouraging visitors to interact with your brand online!
How Much Does a Trade Show Booth Cost?
Industry information from ExhibitsUSA shows that generally trade show booths cost between $100 to $150 per square foot. This can vary depending upon the size of the convention space, the popularity of the trade show, and many other options.
This count would include the entrance fee as well as booth display and graphics, travel and expenses, promotion, and more.
Get Your Trade Show Booth Ready for Your Next Event!
- Check out our Top 10 Custom Trade Show Swag Items for 2021 list for a quick list of the most popular promotional swag items that businesses have been scooping up this year.
- Read the Trade Show Giveaway Buyers Guides for tips on buying the best logo branded trade show giveaways and booth gifts to connect with customers.
- Check out the 2020 Style Trend Report here!
Take advice from the pros at Merchology! We research and study consumer trends to find the most popular trade show giveaways available today. Contact us today to find the hottest promotional items in the most trendy colors for a long-lasting giveaway that will keep your company at the front of their mind.